Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Saitek Maestro Travel Computer Review

Saitek Maestro Travel Computer
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
The Saitek Maestro Travel Chess Computer is an excellent idea in concept, but I have had enough problems with it that I regret my purchase, especially at the cost. First of all, I initially found it very difficult to distinguish the pieces from each other, particularly pawns from rooks, once the middle game has been reached. I like the system's automove feature for the computer, but if I set the response time to be reasonable for regular play, I often "miss" exactly what move (or capture) the computer has made. Second of all, even in "select" mode, the computer seems to have a limited book and the algorithms focus merely on capturing material, rather than overall strategy. If I ask the computer for advice on a move, it usually suggests that I capture a piece, often at a lost of points (e.g., capturing a knight, but losing a queen). Third, as an experiment, I played a game in which I asked the computer to suggest every move, and I would have lost, but I refused the final suggestion and achieved a stalemate, rather than being checkmated. (This experiment did make me wish that I had never purchased the unit, which I use as a partner for improving my chess skills; the Maestro is not proving to be a good electronic tutor, despite some excellent features.) Fourth, some of the squares are starting to fade individually, but not the "board" overall, which would indicate that I do not yet need to replace the batteries. Fifth, the unit is well made and includes a nice case and stylus. Perhaps Saitek should have spent more time developing the Maestro, or perhaps I simply do not know how to use it properly. I would buy a hypothetical Maestro II, if I could get a discount or return my current unit. It is a convenient product and well made, but I am disappointed. Thank you.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Saitek Maestro Travel Computer

This portable chess computer offers 100 levels of challenge for the intermediate player.
Back-lit blue touch screen is easy to view
Make moves with the touch of a stylus
100 playing levels to choose from
60 "fun" and 40 "competition" levels
Hints, Tips, and Coach Mode
3,650 stored opening moves show how the experts play
Take Back and Replay over 200 moves
Set Up option for trying new positions and moves
Unfinished games held in memory
Compact and portable
Integrated stylus
Travel case
Built-in chess clock
Slip this sleek, stylish game in your pocket and you're ready to play chess anytime, anywhere. As your game improves, so does the challenge!
Safety warning: This product contains small parts that may present a choking hazard for young children.

Buy NowGet 36% OFF

Click here for more information about Saitek Maestro Travel Computer

0 comments:

Post a Comment