Friday, August 16, 2013

Rio Grande Games Carcassonne Big Box # 2 Review

Rio Grande Games Carcassonne Big Box # 2
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This set includes all of the individual expansion sets to the game Carcassonne. This provides two great advantages: Price and Storage.
First, I calculated the difference of the list price of each expansion set individually and the "Big Box", and it comes out to a 25% savings. (This does not take into account any discounts). Plus, note that these games are NOT sold by Amazon, but by third party resellers and do not have free shipping, so I would add another $10 for the extra shipping, which, if you factor everything in, comes out to about a 40% discount for buying everything in the "Big Box" instead of separately. Pretty good.
Second, and more importantly for me, the box is a single box (instead of 6 different boxes) and it is well organized inside. I don't want all the clutter of 5 or six different packages. This keeps them all together, which is nice! There are 5 different storage places in the box where you can put the tiles that go to each of the expansions. This makes it easy to play the original game alone, and then add the expansions as you see fit.
I had never played the original game when I bought the "Big Box", but I decided to buy this anyway because of all the great reviews that I read. I am really glad that I did. I love the original game, and the expansions are making it more exciting and are reinvigorating game play when we add the new tiles.
The pieces (and the box) are of high quality, and this makes the games a lot more fun to look at, and fun to handle. Nothing looks to be poor quality.
Another reason I like this game is that two players can play this game alone, and sometimes it is hard to find games like that. You typically have two owners of a game and a third person who plays less often and is always at a disadvantage.
Also, the game doesn't last too long. You are not going to get bogged down for hours, and you can "get a game in" before you go to bed, or before you go out.
Note: you also may see some other "Carcassonne" games: "Carcassonne: The Castle", "Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers", "Carcassonne: The City", and "Carcassonne The Ark of the Covenant". None of these games is an expansion set to Carcassonne, they are each individual standalone games. Therefore, don't worry that they were not included in the "Big Box", because they shouldn't have been.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Rio Grande Games Carcassonne Big Box # 2

This Big Box is the same size of the previous, but with a slightly different component mix. Thus, it has a box liner designed with spaces for all the components. This big box includes the basic game, Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders, Princess & Dragon, Abbey & Mayor, River 2, Count, King, and Cult. The components, if purchased separately would cost over $100!. * Carcassonne: o 72 landscape tiles o 1 scoring track o 6 point tiles o 48 followers in 6 colors * Inns & Cathedrals: o 18 landscape tiles o 6 large followers * Princess & Dragon: o 30 landscape tiles o 1 wooden dragon o 1 wooden fairy * Traders & Builders: o 24 landscape tiles o 20 trade good tiles o 6 wooden builders o 6 wooden pigs * Abbey & Mayor * The River 2 * The Count * The King * Cult, Siege & Creativity

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Rio Grande Games Carcassonne Big Box # 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment