Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)From the choking depths of Asuka, Rei and Mari figures comes this Kotobukiya figure featuring main character Shinji Ikari and the angel Tabris, a.k.a. Kaworu Nagisa. Being a huge fan of the series and already possessing too many of the female cast, I was pleasantly surprised to run into an actually decent figure [that wasn't gashapon] of the boys of NGE. Enough intro, onto the review.
First thing I noticed about this figure is the awesome base it comes with. It's a plastic black square with the Nerv logo on it, a simple thing really, but it just adds another level of awesomeness to the overall presentation. The red of the logo just zings against the white of Shinji's and Kaworu's uniforms. Second thing I noticed was how charming Shinji looks. He manages to avoid his typical angsty-lala land expression in favor for a contemplative calm, which compliments his relaxed and subdued pose wonderfully. There's some obvious seams in his hair, but beyond that the painting is crisp and bright, the details sharp and defined. I give Shinji's figure 5 out of 5 stars, he's too cute.
I'm a MEGA fan of Kaworu, he's one of my all-time fav characters, so keep that in mind as I review his portion to the set. Kaworu is just as nicely painted as Shinji was, and his pose suits his personality great and mimics scenes from the anime. He might've looked a little lost if he was by himself, but when you place him next to Shinji the pose seems natural and looks great. His famously feathery hair is a tad blocky but nice nonetheless, and the seam which was evident in Shinji is barely noticable on Kaworu. The painting was especially nice on Kaworu's ankle, wear the shoe and the edge of the pants meet - there was no bleeding and edge was crisp. Only complaint I have with Kaworu is his bizarre looking mouth. I can't tell if he's smiling, smirking, frowning or what, which is disconcerting. Even so, Kaworu is just as charming and gets a solid 4.6 or 4.7 out of 5 stars.
As for the set as a whole, it's just awesome. It genuinely invokes an atmosphere of the show every time you look at it. The entire set in total I give a well-deserved 4.8 stars out of 5, for fans of the series this is a wonderful and refreshing addition to your NGE collection. Plus, you can fit other figures onto the NERV display square, so you can pose Rei, Asuka or whoever else you have with them. Personally, I think a Pen-Pen chilling with them with a can of beer in hand is best possible combination lol.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji and Kaworu School Uniform Ani-Statue
A Kotobukiya Japanese import! Over a decade and counting, the EVA phenomenon shows no signs of slowing down. Hideaki Anno and Gainax's post-apocalyptic deconstruction of the giant robot genre has spawned a legion of fans, as well as a great series of collectibles! Released as a companion piece to the best selling Rei & Asuka plug suit pvc statues, this set features the main men of the series: Shinji Ikari and Kaworu Nagisa! The duo are seated in their School Uniforms on a giant logo base, and finely detailed by sculptor Saki Asada. This pvc statue is ready for display right out of its window box package.
0 comments:
Post a Comment