Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I was aware of this when I bought it but some people seem to not know: This is NOT a Master Grade. Though it is in 1/100 scale, it is a Non Grade. That means its assembly is less detailed, and is overall of lesser quality.
Though I am not a fan of the Seed series, I have always liked some of the designs from it, the Astray being my favorite from that show. About 6 months ago I bought the Red Frame no grade and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I figured since this was on sale I might as well buy it, being a fan of the design.
The model got here fast as usual from the seller. I opened the box and immediately noticed something. Over half the runners were flat out reused from the red frame. It even had parts it couldn't use, such as hands with no fingers, shoulder pads with no backs, and sword handles with no blades (or a place to put them on the completed model). I shrugged, thinking "It's a cheap model, I'll let it pass".
But then I got to building it. It is made of very cheap feeling plastic, and some of the parts were deformed. The sprues were unusually thick on the runners, and were a hassle to cut. Eventually, after breaking several parts, I gave up on trying to make the model look nice and just started snapping them off with my hands. It now serves as a paint tester. The instructions also omitted certain parts (although they were somewhat obvious once it was completed).
Pretty much the only plus to this model is the sword. It's massive. It's bigger than the completed gundam. It turns into a turret. What's not to like?
Overall this is a bad model. It's recycled frames, cheap plastic, and overly thick sprues make it a hassle to put together. Plus, the finished model is somewhat back heavy, so it tips over easy without a stand.
Click Here to see more reviews about: BAN126796 1/100 Snap #12 Astray Blue Frame
Although this kit is snap and screw together, it is complex and for advanced modellers. Instructions are in Japanese only (no english text), but the assembly diagrams are self explanatory. Kit features: One of the Mobile Suits Variations, this Gundam Astray Blue Frame (2nd level) is a modified Astray with an enormous gatling gun, a huge shield, modified armour, and plenty of other weapons; Stickers are included for details; and Unpainted 1/20 scale figures of Murakumo Gai and Rou Gyuul are included as well.
Click here for more information about BAN126796 1/100 Snap #12 Astray Blue Frame
0 comments:
Post a Comment