Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Hmmm. To be honest this isn't an easy review to write. The dice are light and colorful and when throwing several of them as in Yahtzee they are quite nice. It took some getting used to to have numbers instead of dots on the face of each and I still can't decide if I really like that aspect of them.
The dice come with a little glob of plastic on the 4 side and I spent some time trying to file/sand it off of each of the six dice I purchased. Doing so marred the face of that side and on the dice where I wasn't the most precise actually rounded the edge it was on (and trust me I was being as conscientious and careful as can reasonably be expected for such a task).
I've seen the video where the maker of these dice defends this glob and talks at length of the superior qualities of these dice and pooh-poohs those that make an issue of "the blob" on each one but I must confess it is a bit odd to buy something you need to modify in order to use that claims superior qualities. Plus I couldn't help but wonder if my sanding acted to modify some of those purported superior qualities.
So even though they feel nice to throw especially in bulk I don't think I would recommend them because that blob of plastic just isn't easy to remove without affecting the die and it does seem necessary to remove it. I'd recommend buying something that you don't need to "fix" to use even if it's perfect otherwise as claimed by the maker.
But hey, if you're into sanding...
Click Here to see more reviews about: GameScience Tangerine Orange d6
Precision 6-sided die, Tangerine Orange with number (hand-inked).Manufactured by GameScience. Sold individually.
Click here for more information about GameScience Tangerine Orange d6
0 comments:
Post a Comment