Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)First, this puzzle should not be done in a household with small children as the pieces are small and choking hazards--as are ANY puzzles geared for adults.
Second, at 1,500 pieces, the overall size is larger than many over-the-counter puzzles; hence, it will take longer to do than the smaller sizes. Additionally, even while the image is broken up into distinct areas of color and patterns, it is more difficult than simpler images. Many lines and color variations within a color area means that you have many pieces from which to select when working on a discreet area. This alone puts it in a category of somewhat difficult puzzle assemblages.
I have a large folding table (2 x's the size of a normal card table)on which to work my puzzles. The table is just about the right size for the 1,500 piece puzzle. If you work on your dining table, you'll have to plan on eating in a different location for a week or two. My daughter and I have been working for about two weeks on the puzzle--at a liesurely rate. We only work on the puzzle "at night" after we come home from work. It all depends on how much time you put in on it--I can only work on it for a while before my eyes get tired.
Third, I absolutely LOVE this puzzle! It is my second Ravensburger puzzle, and boy do I see the difference between Ravensburger and other brands. The finish is linen-like and amazingly beautiful. The box is heavy and well-constructed (the puzzle pieces come in a plastic bag within the box); it, too, has a lovely linen-like finish. When working on the puzzle, we started on the sky, and when we had that portion finished, I just stood back and looked, thinking how beautiful it was.
Finally, from my own particular taste, it is difficult to get any other images as beautiful as one created by Vincent Van Gogh. The "Cafe Terrace at Night" is flat out beautiful. I love this image so much that we even bought a print of it for our house--we have it hanging in our master bedroom. It's just amazing. I also treasure the time I work on it with my daughter--she is so precious to me and what could be a waste of time spent watching the "boob tube," we turn into quality time visiting with each other and building our relationship while working on a beautiful puzzle (Kind of like a metaphor for life--challenging, but worth the work!). I hope you enjoy this puzzle as much as I do.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Ravensburger Van Gogh, Café Terrace at Night - 1500 Piece Puzzle
Our puzzles are a perfect way to relax after a long day or for family fun on a rainy day. The superiority of a Ravensburger puzzle is renowned. Be one of the millions to experience a whole new world of puzzling fun with Ravensburger quality products. Every one of our pieces is unique and fully interlocking. The quality is enhanced by the vast array of shapes made by our handcrafted tools - one of the many ways that Ravensburger shows its passion for excellence.
0 comments:
Post a Comment