Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I purchased this set as a newcomer to slot cars, so this is from the perspective of someone new to the hobby.
Having read a fair amount about slot cars online, I purchased this set because I wanted a digital set so that it could be a solid foundation if I wanted to continue in the hobby. This may not have been wise, as analog sets are a lot less expensive. However, the Carrera cars in my set can be used on analog ones, so I figured it was the best of both worlds. However, I am not sure this will be the case going forward, so you may want to check. Carrera digital sets also have advanced "ghost car" capabilities. Finally, I had read that Carrera uses stainless steel for their tracks, so they can even be set up outdoors.
Setting up a track outside may seem silly, but it is important to realize that this set is BIG. While I purchased it because the banked ovals gave it the smallest footprint of any of the other sets here on Amazon, it still takes up a lot of space. The measurements are accurate, the track is 13 feet long, too big for many bedrooms. I set this one up on my back enclosed patio, and it took up pretty much the whole thing, especially given you need some room to move around the track.
The set itself worked totally as advertised. The cars are beautiful, lane changes work great, and you can even set a top speed (so that your cars wont go off the track) and braking effects. The instruction manual covers 8 languages, so it is sort of tedious to try and stay in the English column, but I had no problems setting up. I was worried that the two cars looked too much alike (all that yellow) but it was no problem to distinguish them as they zoomed around the track, and they can be set to go very fast!
Racing itself is a lot of fun, much more than I initially expected. It is just like NASCAR, you go around and around until someone bumps you, you fishtail, or misjudge the turn (though the high banked turns are very forgiving, another attraction of this set) and a crash results. I was impressed with how tough the cars were. Despite some "rolling" wrecks across my patio, the cars did not show any scuffs or scrapes - I was pleasantly surprised. The tail fins came off, but they snap right back on, and you can easily remove them before racing if you want. Less than a day into racing I was thinking I needed to go get a lap counter and a double lane change section to replace the single lane sections that come with the set!
There is one important limitation of this set though. As anyone who has watched Cars can tell you, race cars have *stickers* for lights. The cars in this set are no different. They do not have head or tail lights. This is a problem, because the way the cars communicate with you regarding being keyed to a controller is by flashing their lights! No lights, no flashes! Fortunately, the set worked right out of the box, but this could be an issue if you expand your collection or take your cars to another track. Simply for this reason, I would suggest an alternative Carrera Digital set, e.g. Carrera USA Digital 132, Hot Pursuit Race Car Set, unless you are just a die hard NASCAR fan.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Carrera Digital 132 Nascar Set
This is part of the Carrera Digital 132 Series. The new tactical slot racing on track 1:24 and special cars on scale 1:32. The switching possibility on the switch and the possibility to drive with up to six cars at the same time is a guarantor for even more play action. Comes with two cars, transformer, connecting section, speed controller, straights, high bank curves, switch right and double switch. This is a complete race track.Carrera Digital 132 Nascar Set Features:
Click here for more information about Carrera Digital 132 Nascar Set
0 comments:
Post a Comment