Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Because I am a horse artist, I had to have this model when I first laid eyes on it. The real beauty of the horse is so well captured by Kathleen Moody. I am so drawn to this model because Kathleen has truely recreated the passion, strength, and movement of Huckleberry Bey. I can take it off the shelf and feel real inspiration to create my drawings. Because it won't stand on it's own - a clear balance disc is attached to the right front leg. It will stand balanced alone on the shelf just fine, but it is precarious at best. One of my favorite toys from my childhood was the Breyer rearing stallion that used it's tail for balance. I passed it on to my younger cousin who also loved horses. She in turn passed it on to her daughter. That was a span of about 25 years and I am afraid the balance disc on the Bey wouldn't last through a week of the average childs' admiration. I would strongly suggest adding this model to your collection as it is one of Breyers' best, but I wouldn't recommend it will withstand a childs freespirited play without damage.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Huckleberry Bey
Huckleberry Bey touched many lives in his lifetime, and his influence on the Arabian breed will be felt for a very long time. Bred, shown and owned by Varian Arabians in California, Huckleberry Bey epitomized the Varian philosophy of a "pretty athlete." He was a U.S. National Reserve Champion in both halter and performance, including four Top Ten honors. Model measures 12"L x 9"H. Created by artist Kathleen Moody.Breyer - Makers of the World's Finest Model Horses since 1950!
0 comments:
Post a Comment