Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pylos Review

Pylos
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I already own several Gigamic games, and got this one because I got a stellar deal (I should've known it would be great--it's a Gigamic product...). My 'intellectual-game' friends (we play chess, Cathedral, Quoridor, Khet, etc.) scoffed when I brought it out, but within two games (about half an hour), we were all hooked (One guy said, "Connect Four meets chess meets busted abacus...who'd've thought it'd be so maddening?"). The rules are beguilingly simple, but they push you to constantly adjust your strategy as clever patterns begin to emerge. I have played with those guys, with my eight year-old cousin (who solidly whomped me in game 2), with my folks (in their 50s--my mom HATES chess and strategy games) and with my grandmother (pushing 80), and the only complaint I've heard from anyone is that the 'trough' isn't big enough to hold all the spheres (it's one short, so once you start the game the criticism is moot). Everyone loved it and picked up the rules very quickly.
All in all, I'm kinda disappointed that I only bought this game after it went on super-sale. This is one of those that can be played over and over, with a nice balance of offense & defense, a very aesthetically appealing design (even not playing, the board sits on my desk and looks cool), and a clever rule set that allows the most advanced player very little advantage over a clever n00b...I should have purchased this years ago!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Pylos

Simple rules, quick rounds and rather subtle tactics: Pylos is one of the most beautiful abstract games on the market today and winner of several awards around the world. The objective is to save your marbles so that you can be the one to place a marble at the very top of the pyramid. Pylos is irresistibly attractive as both a game and a decorative object.Includes pyramid board, 30 wooden balls and instructions.For 2 Players.Ages 8 & Up.

Buy NowGet 38% OFF

Click here for more information about Pylos

0 comments:

Post a Comment