Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought this hoping I could use it as an enrichment game for my 2nd graders. After reading the instructions on how to play, I was so thorougly confused I had to re-read them a few times. Finally I called my husband over and we acted out a game as we read the instructions. At the end of the game he pretty much summed it up by saying "Yeah, that's not fun." The thing is, there's way too many things going on for young kids to keep tabs on it all. They have to make pairs, discard cards and flip new ones over simultaneously. By the middle of the game, you have 3 piles of cards in front of you-- your discard cards, the equations you've made, and your drawing pile. Plus you have the cards in the middle that you're making equations with. On top of all that, I find the two different kinds of cards-- the addends cards and the sums cards are way too hard to distinguish between. They tried to make them look different from each other, but it's too hard to tell them apart at a quick glance. I was really hoping this game would be a big hit in my classroom, but now I'm not even going to teach it to them. It's a shame because teaching with games is a very powerful thing!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Learning Resources Snap It Up Math Card Game, Multiplication
This exciting, fast-paced card game provides kids with hard-hitting practice and math skills! Players pick and pass cards as fast as they can to make math equations. It's fast! It's crazy! And it's so much fun, kids will want to snap it up again and again! Each game includes 90 cards.
Click here for more information about Learning Resources Snap It Up Math Card Game, Multiplication
0 comments:
Post a Comment