Friday, February 17, 2012

Macross Zero SV-51r Gumma Nora Type Valkyrie 1/60 Scale Review

Macross Zero SV-51r Gumma Nora Type Valkyrie 1/60 Scale
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I did not buy this from Amazon or it's affiliates. Instead I bought this HLJ and received it within 3 days. Talk about FAST! Anyway let's get to the review of this HUGE 1/60 figure. Keep in mind this mold is around four years old as of this dating and feels like it. The plastic feels cheap and hollow, especially the hands, unlike Yamato's new VF-1S DYRL Anniversary 1/60 line. The purple paint job also could have used an extra coating to bring it to life. The plane mode's right wing is floppy when you turn it upside and does not lock in place. The robot mode, to me is the most impressive mode of all three, especially with the included stand. The robot mode is an impressive almost 16" high standing upright. The toy does feel a bit fiddly at times during transformation but not too bad. I will say this a collectors piece and should not be played around with too much as I doubt it will stand the test of time of constant transformations. The box is typical Yamato packaging with a flip top lid showcasing the unit. Would I recommended it? Hmmm... maybe. The design of the SV-51 is not for everyone. I wouldn't pay more than $120.00 US for it. I got it for $105.00 plus FedEx shipping which was running a 50% off promo at the time. If Yamato were to redo the piece with better higher quality plastic, paint, and tightend out some of the parts I would gladly get this piece over again because it looks so damn awesome in Battroid mode. It definitely does have presence on my display shelf, but I wouldn't let anyone handle it.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Macross Zero SV-51r Gumma Nora Type Valkyrie 1/60 Scale



Buy NowGet 14% OFF

Click here for more information about Macross Zero SV-51r Gumma Nora Type Valkyrie 1/60 Scale

0 comments:

Post a Comment