Saturday, September 17, 2011

Funko Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: Bumble 3 Piece Pop Art Bobblehead Set 2010 Comic Con Exclusive Review

Funko Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: Bumble 3 Piece Pop Art Bobblehead Set 2010 Comic Con Exclusive
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I collect bobbleheads, but I tend to go for ones made of resin over plastic or vinyl. I'm not one of those collectors who thinks that the weight of something makes it more valuable, but in my experience, the ones that are plastic look a little boring at times because of how the paint looks on them. But when I saw this set of 3 Bumbles, they sure didn't look boring. Come on, Bumble was already a great character design and all, but getting 3 different colored versions of him in one box? That's just plain cool. These are my first bobbleheads from Funko, and they didn't disappoint me at all. Maybe I'll be giving Funko some of my money as the years go by if the rest of their bobbleheads are as good as these...
Here you're getting a yellow, pink and teal Bumble in one package. It's limited to 240 pieces, and was a San Diego Comic Con exclusive in 2010. All three are from the same sculpt, and the only difference is, obviously, the color. While all 3 look great, and the colors pop out at you when you look at them, I have to say that the pink is my favorite, with the blue a close second. The yellow's great too, but the colors on the other two are just a tad more vibrant. Bumble has a great big smile on his face, and you can even move the arms up and down(!), which is new to me since none of my other bobbleheads have articulation. They don't have bases, but stand on their own two feet, and the bobble feature works great. I actually like the sound the head makes when it clanks around the shoulders. It has a nice hollow sound that I don't get from my resin ones. And since these guys are vinyl, they're much more durable and safer from breaking than say NECA's Head Knockers. Really, the only thing to watch out for with these Wacky Wobblers is making sure no one twists the heads too much, which could lead to the spring breaking.
For anyone who likes to keep their toys in boxes, the box for these is very flimsy. When I opened the top flap, it ripped both sides of the box immediately, and I was being careful too. It's made of a very thin cardboard, and even a shoe box is more durable than this thing. 'just something to keep in mind if you display your toys NRFB, or if you just like to have the box set aside somewhere because you like the art, or know you might resell.
While this set runs a little high when all's said and done, and I'll admit that after I ordered a set, I was worried about having spent too much...these guys put a smile on my face and made my day when I opened the box. Fans of Rudolph should definitely have these in their home, if only because of how unique they are, and bobblehead collectors who need some Christmas representation, look no further than this set. But you better hurry before these are gone for good.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Funko Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: Bumble 3 Piece Pop Art Bobblehead Set 2010 Comic Con Exclusive

Bumble 3 piece bobblehead set comes new in a full color box. Box has 2010 Comic Con sticker on the window. Each Bummble is approximately 7 inches tall.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Funko Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: Bumble 3 Piece Pop Art Bobblehead Set 2010 Comic Con Exclusive

0 comments:

Post a Comment