Saturday, March 19, 2011

G.I. JOE Hasbro 25th Anniversary 3 3/4" Wave 4 Action Figures Comic Book 2-Pack Storm Shadow Vs. Firefly Review

G.I. JOE Hasbro 25th Anniversary 3 3/4 Wave 4 Action Figures Comic Book 2-Pack Storm Shadow Vs. Firefly
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
To be perfectly honest, I picked up this particular toy because I was having a bad day at the office - I know that that is a bad form of therapy but it's my money.
Things went from bad to worse when I opened it and took out Storm Shadow and realized that I had purchased a missing reject from the Power Rangers. He simply has one of the gaudiest designs for a ninja outfit I have ever seen thanks to his shoulderpads.
Storm Shadow comes with two swords which dragon tipped hilts that sheath well into a back-pack. The back-pack opens to reveal his ninja accessories and to hold his non-ninja issue UZI. He also comes with a hand-held three blade claw and two sickles joined by a chain(rope). Oddly, he has a leg sheath for a short knife commonly found on some Cobra figures. But he has no blade for the sheath and the hand-claw does not fit well in it.
The winning figure in what I thought was a comical set was Firefly. He initally looks like a re-paint of Beachead with added goggles. Look closer and you'll see he's not. What's really surprising about this figure is the detail that went into it:
a)His backpack/toolbox: It opens like a toolkit and has a folding support stand. When you open it though you'll be amazed by the detail that the manufacturers put into it. You can actually take out the flashlight, fuel can, plastic explosive time-bomb and the omni-tool.
b)If you want to make him look more like the classic FireFly, you can remove his goggles. You can also remove his bullet proof vest - but to do so, you need to detach his head.
This kind of detail was something that Hasbro didn't have to put into the toy, but they did - which made me stop in awe. I definitely appreciate the effort that went into this toy's design.
Firefly also comes with a pistol which can be holstered and a sub-machinegun.
Firefly definitely saved this package. This figure is waaay better than the released solo Firefly.

Click Here to see more reviews about: G.I. JOE Hasbro 25th Anniversary 3 3/4" Wave 4 Action Figures Comic Book 2-Pack Storm Shadow Vs. Firefly

2007 - Hasbro - G.I. Joe - 25th Anniversary Comic Pack Set - With Exclusive Comic - Firefly Saboteur vs Storm Shadow Cobra Ninja Action Figures with Bases - Comic #4 "Backstabbed" Issue - New - Mint in Package - Limited Edition - Collectible

Buy Now

Click here for more information about G.I. JOE Hasbro 25th Anniversary 3 3/4" Wave 4 Action Figures Comic Book 2-Pack Storm Shadow Vs. Firefly

0 comments:

Post a Comment